Call Mitt Romney – 202-224-5251 – Stop Flavor Bans!
Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) has a flavor ban bill that is gaining some attention in D.C. (enough attention that the language is currently included in a health care bill). In addition to banning flavors, Senator Romney’s bill would ban open systems and tax vapor products at the same rate as combustible cigarettes.
Please take a couple of minutes today to make a call to his capitol office and express your opposition to taking life-saving vapor products off the market.
Call Senator Romney:
Points to include in your emails, phone calls, and spoken comments:
- Briefly, share your story about switching to vaping and what role that flavors played in helping you switch.
- Note any health changes you’ve experienced.
- A flavor ban will force vape shops to close, so briefly discuss what losing access to local vape shops will mean for you (Will you shop out-of-state, in neighboring cities, or online? Will you make your own e-liquid at home or purchase products on an underground market?).
- Additional talking points for testimony and emails are available here.
- Watch these comments from San Diego County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar – YouTube
Be polite, be brief, and say Thank You!